Inside the Property
Morningside Estate can sleep up to 18 people. The rooms are luxurious and well appointed. The common areas are very large so you will never feel like you are in a crowd. Each room except the Master suite has it’s own exterior door eliminating the need to go through the house to exit. This provides people with privacy and the ability to move about without disturbing others.
The house can handle a crowd very easily. There is enough room in the kitchen for lots of people to be together. The indoor and outdoor spaces seem to meld together providing large expanses of entertainment space but there are always nooks to escape from the crowd. The interior masterfully presents the essence of Frank Lloyd Wright design with the modern conveniences we have come to enjoy. Our guests feel at home… this is their home away from home.
Master Bedroom Features:
- 1000 Sq feet with panoramic ocean front view
- King size bed with down duvet
- Dramatic architectural stair entrance
- Japanese cherry hardwood floors
- Floor to ceiling stone fireplace with gas inset
- Privacy curtains that let the view in
- Private all glass gazebo with wicker furniture overlooking the inlet
- Private rear deck overlooking the swimming pool and guest patio
- Spacious bathroom
- Neptune’s “zen” over flow tub with active-air jets
- Large glass shower for two, with steamer and rain showerhead
- Heated floors in bathroom
- Separate toilet and washbasin
- Patio door to rear deck area.
The ensuite of the Master bedroom is spacious with an infinity tub, a large steam and shower stall, large vanity area and an exit to your own private balcony. No detail has been missed. The floor has it’s own in-floor heating system. The bathroom has it’s own on-demand hotwater system so that you will never run out of hot water.
The Master Suite has its own gazebo facing out to the inlet and clad with massive sheets of glass for an unparalleled view. Sitting out in the gazebo for a quiet cup of tea or a great book is one of the great unexpected treats. If you are lucky you will see an eagle flying by at eye level or a pod of orcas piloting through the Inlet.
The back deck of the Master Suite gives you a birds-eye-view of the entertainment deck below. You can watch the kids or grand-kids in the pool or hot tub or gaze to the south where the calm sea wends its way to the end of the inlet…just out of view. You also have a beautiful rock garden to look down upon where palms and sub-tropical species from many parts of the world have found a place to grow and survive. This really is Vancouver Island at its finest…